Intermediate Intern Architect or Architect
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Intern Architect or Architect to join our team based in the Surrey studio. Candidates must present comprehensive and well-rounded qualifications, including:
- an inquisitive and rigorous design sense
- understanding of / experience with major institutional projects
- in-depth knowledge of building systems, including the building envelope
- understanding of / experience with sustainable design
- experience / ability to coordinate consultants and direct junior staff
- ability to plan, direct, and execute a set of design, tender and construction drawings and specifications
- contract administration experience including field reviews
- proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketch-up
- graphic presentation skills in Adobe Creative Suite and experience with Bluebeam, Lumion and/or Enscape
As the ideal candidate you will be Registered with the AIBC (or be eligible for registration) and have 5+ years of progressive relevant experience. You are a self-starter with strong initiative and leadership abilities who can manage multiple projects and mentor junior staff. You utilize your project management skills to achieve goals and meet deadlines. You also demonstrate sound judgement and communicate well with all stakeholders (internal and external).
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our staff for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in life-long learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.