We have an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our team. Working with cross functional teams, the BIM Manager with an Architectural Technologist background will focus on efficient and effective implementation of digital tools that support the design process. The role is an Intermediate position for someone with a passion for BIM, good technical knowledge and solid construction document production and coordination skills. The successful candidate will have an interest and passion for new technologies and software systems backed up by the technical skill to implement new technologies into the design process.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Degree or diploma in Architectural and Building Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a BIM technology support role in the Architectural field, including document production and coordination
- Advanced abilities in Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD, REVIT, Navisworks, etc.)
- Experience with visualization project and related software such as Lumion, Enscape and Sketchup
- Working knowledge of 3D design and multi-discipline coordination, managing models and facilitating data exchange
- Familiar with IT concepts to assist with server and broader based BIM troubleshooting
- Ability to create libraries, for families, parametric parameters, work sets, drawing standards
- Understanding of Cloud management for internal and external use
- Experience in training and providing technical support to team members
- Proficiency to detail various building components, including wall assemblies & creation of families; strong knowledge of building envelope principles
- Established knowledge of production of construction documentation
- Solid communication skills for a team-based working environment and for teaching others about best practices in BIM
- Alignment with our core values: Curious, Client-Focused, Collaborative, Committed and Accountable
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in Lifelong Learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.