We have an exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator to join our team. As this is a new role at Thinkspace, we are looking for someone who is flexible and able to adapt and evolve the implementation and management of BIM within the office.
The BIM Coordinator will focus on efficient and effective implementation of digital tools to support the design and documentation process. The role is an Intermediate position for someone with experience in an Architectural practice, a passion for BIM and the technical knowledge to develop new systems.
The successful candidate will have an interest and passion for new technologies and software systems backed up by the technical skill to implement new technologies into the design process. Although experience is an important part of this role, we are most interested in the right PERSON who is passionate, self motivated, disciplined and aligns with our core values.
What you need to be successful in the role:
• Alignment with our core values: Curious, Client-Focused, Collaborative, Committed and Accountable
• Degree or diploma in Architectural and Building Technology from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a BIM technology support role in the Architectural field, including document production and coordination
• Advanced abilities in BIM technologies. Revit & Navisworks required. Dynamo, Grasshopper, Rhino, considered an asset
• Experience creating and developing Revit Families for use in architectural design & documentation
• Knowledge of project visualization tools such as Lumion, Enscape and Sketchup
• Working knowledge of 3D design and multi-discipline coordination, managing models and facilitating data exchange
• Familiar with IT concepts to assist with server and broader based BIM troubleshooting
• Interest in creating and developing office standards and systems to implement BIM
• Understanding of Cloud management for internal and external use
• Experience in training and providing technical support to team members
• Established knowledge of production of construction documentation
• Solid communication skills for a team-based working environment and for teaching others about best practices in BIM
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in lifelong learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.