We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Surrey office for a self-motivated and collaborative Senior Architect to oversee the design and management of a variety of institutional projects from inception to completion of construction. Candidates must present comprehensive and well-rounded qualifications, including:
- an inquisitive and rigorous design sense
- understanding of and experience with major institutional projects
- in-depth understanding of building systems, including the building envelope
- understanding of and experience with sustainable design
- experience and ability to manage staff and coordinate consultants
- ability to plan, direct, and execute a set of design, tender and construction drawings and specifications
- contract administration experience including field reviews
As the ideal candidate you will be registered with the AIBC (or eligible for registration) and have 20+ years of post-registration experience in Canada. You are a self-starter with strong initiative and leadership abilities who can manage multiple projects and mentor junior staff. You utilize your project management skills to achieve goals and meet deadlines. You also demonstrate sound judgement and communicate well with all stakeholders (internal and external).
Other preferred attributes include LEED® Professional registration, and specification writing experience. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in all phases of the procurement process and possessing the desire and ambition to take a leadership role in the firm.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in Life Long Learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.