Marketing & Business Development Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Surrey office for a self-motivated and collaborative Marketing & Business Development Manager. As a member of the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for the marketing and business development efforts of the firm in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives. You will provide leadership and daily management of all marketing efforts, being accountable for responses to proposals, award submissions, social and digital media strategies, and other marketing initiatives.
- Participating in and leading marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, and relationship management
- Be responsible for developing and managing the Marketing/Business Development plan including implementation of ‘must win’ strategies for growing net revenue
- Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants
- Researching key market sectors for current and future opportunities, key contacts, trends, and growth opportunities
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the proposal process, ensuring alignment with brand standards and strategy
- Maintaining a presence within local and regional award submissions and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material
- Manage the design and update of the firms’ website and other social media platforms
- Providing direction, and leadership to the Marketing team members
What you need to be successful in the role:
- BA or BS degree in liberal arts, marketing, communications, or journalism
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience (A/E industry preferred)
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services firm
- Capability to network, source new work opportunities and to develop new client relationships
- Proficiency with desktop publishing and graphics software required
- Possess good visual perception for proposal and presentation layout
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in BC (Alberta would be an asset)
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills
- Alignment with our core values: Curious, Client-Focused, Collaborative, Committed and Accountable
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in Lifelong Learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume to [email protected] Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.