With 1,000 new residents per month, the City of Surrey is estimated to surpass Vancouver as the largest city in BC by 2041. Surrey is a city full of nature-filled parks, recreation centres and vibrant arts and heritage. Throughout Surrey investments are being made to offer residents improved access to transportation, services and green spaces helping to make each community a vital part of a truly livable, modern city. Joining the Thinkspace team means working in a diverse community, while being part of a dynamic and growing firm, and enjoying a work-life balance to match.
We are currently seeking an Intern Architect to join our Surrey office. The ideal candidate will have excellent design and drafting skills and be highly experienced with AutoCAD and/or Revit. Well rounded qualifications are required, including strong communication skills, an in-depth understanding of building systems including building envelope design, and an inquisitive and rigorous design sense. Under the supervision of a Senior Architect, you will;
- consult with clients to determine the design program for new building construction or alterations, including type, size, budget, and function
- provide assistance in the production of work, and management of work by in-house production teams
- preparation of feasibility studies and financial analysis of construction projects
- conceptualization and design of buildings and alterations including spatial planning, form, function, materials, colors, and initial budget
- preparation of sketches, models, design specifications, and color/material selection boards for clients
- preparation of construction documents including working drawings and specifications
- preparation of bid and contract documents, assistance with bidding, contract negotiations, and contract award
- administration of construction process, including compliance reviews with project construction documents, shop drawing reviews, and preparation of contract instruments (e.g. change orders)
- contribute to promotional efforts and solicitation of new work or clients
The ideal candidate will be registered with the AIBC or eligible for registration and have a minimum of 3 years Canadian experience (BC preferred). Priority will be given to highly self motivated and self-directed candidates experienced in and willing to take on all parts of the procurement process from design to construction administration and having the desire and ambition to take the position to a leadership role in the firm.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. Competitive compensation package is offered, including continuing education, professional membership dues and group benefits plan.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.