We currently have an immediate opening in our Kelowna office for an Intermediate Technologist to assist with design and construction document production. The ideal candidate has experience drafting detailed drawings for all delivery phases, possesses a strong understanding of construction details, and has worked on a variety of project types.
To be successful in this position, the following skills and experience are required;
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience in Canada
- Degree or diploma in Architectural and Building Technology from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3, Part 9 and ASHRAE 90.1
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit. SketchUp and Photoshop experience would be an asset
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and staff in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Prior Project Management experience (preferred)
Priority will be given to highly self-motivated and self-directed candidates experienced and willing to take on all phases of the procurement process, and possessing the desire and ambition to take a leadership role in the firm. Registration with, or eligibility to be registered with the AIBC would be considered an asset.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. Competitive compensation package is offered, including continuing education, professional membership dues and group benefits plan.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.