We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our Surrey office. Working collaboratively with cross functional teams, you will be responsible for:
- working with clients to define project requirements and develop design criteria
- creating and presenting interior design concepts in response to client needs
- conceptual design and design development for interior design projects
- selection of materials, finishes and FF&E for projects
- review pricing, materials and value engineering for projects
- producing and advising on interior space plans, furniture plans, ceiling plans, elevations, interior & details and presentations
- review drawings, mock-ups, materials and samples submitted by contractors
- ensure the project design plans and specifications are in compliance with current practices and codes
- work as part of the design team on larger building projects providing interior design and graphic support
- manage project budgets and schedules, and negotiate with contractors
- provide leadership and “sector champion” for the development of the Interior Design role in our firm
- take a leading role in client care and development, assist in our marketing and business development efforts
As the ideal candidate you will be registered (or be eligible for registration) and have 5+ years of post-registration experience in Canada, preferably on Institutional projects. You are a self-starter with strong initiative and leadership abilities who can manage multiple projects and mentor junior staff.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities. We are true believers in Lifelong Learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.