Our Surrey office is currently looking for highly self-motivated and self-directed Architects/Designers to act as project managers for the design and management of a variety of medium to large and complex institutional projects, from inception to completion of construction. Candidates must present comprehensive and well-rounded qualifications, including:
- an inquisitive and rigorous design sense
- understanding of / experience with major institutional projects
- in-depth understanding of building systems, including the building envelope
- understanding of / experience with sustainable design
- experience/ability to manage staff and coordinate consultants
- ability to plan, direct, and execute a set of design, tender and construction drawings and specifications (AutoCad or Revit experience preferred)
- contract administration experience including field reviews
- strong communication skills
The ideal candidates will be BC or Canadian registered Architects with 10+ years of post-registration local Canadian experience.
Candidates must be strong architectural designers with excellent design/drafting abilities, having acquired these skills on institutional projects. Other preferred attributes include LEED® Professional registration, and specification writing experience. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in all phases of the procurement process and possessing the desire and ambition to take a leadership role in the firm.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.