Architect (Health care)
Our Surrey office is currently looking for a highly self-motivated and self-directed Architect to assist with the design, detailing and construction of a variety of institutional projects with a strong focus on Health Care. Candidates must present comprehensive and well-rounded qualifications, including:
- an inquisitive and rigorous design sense
- understanding of / experience with major institutional projects, particularly related to health care
- familiarity with current trends in health care planning and design (Lean design, CSA Z317, CSA Z8000)
- in-depth understanding of building systems, including building envelope
- understanding of / experience with sustainable design
- experience / ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and coordinate consultants
- ability to meet with steering committees and lead user groups
- knowledge of the total design process, from concept through construction, with an understanding of different methods of project delivery
- ability to plan, direct, and execute a set of design, tender and construction drawings and specifications
- contract administration experience including field reviews
- project management experience in an architectural capacity is essential
The ideal candidate will be a registered Architect with 10+ years of post-registration experience, having specific experience in health care. Priority will be given to candidates experienced in all phases of the procurement process and possessing the desire and ambition to take a leadership role in the firm. Registration with, or eligibility to be registered with the AIBC is required.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. With many projects in the pipeline, we are growing our team and developing our members for long-term career growth opportunities.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.