We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Specification Writer who will be responsible for the clear, thorough production of construction specifications documents, and supporting project quality control for diverse project types, ranging in scale from small interior office fit-ups to large institutional facilities. With knowledge of construction laws, building codes, and standards, you will focus on the preparation, coordination, and production of detailed, project-specific, architectural project manual specifications.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture, Building Technology or other construction-related field
- 10+ years of general architecture experience in Canada
- 5+ years experience in specification writing, project research and contract document coordination
- Knowledge of industry standards, current product development and architectural practices
- Experience with contract language, liability, indemnifications, and definitions
- Advanced knowledge of Building Codes, National Master Spec (NMS), MasterFormat, Section Format, CCDC Documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to read, interpret, apply, and explain drawings, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Strong attention to detail for editing and reviewing in Word, Excel and other MS Office Products
- Familiarity with NBS Specification software would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects to meet project schedules and timelines
- Ability to produce quality deliverables, delegate effectively and monitor project tasks
- Solid communication skills for a team-based working environment
- Alignment with our core values: Curious, Client-Focused, Collaborative, Committed and Accountable
Work Location: Surrey or Kelowna
Salary: $35-$55/hour based on experience
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development. We are true believers in lifelong learning and support staff through mentoring and attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you! We ask qualified candidates to please forward your resume and portfolio in PDF format (no links) to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.