Human Resources and Administration Lead
We currently have an exclusive opportunity for a Human Resources and Administration Lead to join our Surrey office. As a member of the Leadership team, the Human Resources and Administration Lead is a dual role involving full spectrum human resources and operational responsibilities.
This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties at a generalist level in the following functional areas: recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. The operational component of this position is responsible for overseeing all administrative activities; managing admin staff, coordinating IT, approving office purchases & staff expenses, contract negotiation & preparation, and facilities management.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Post-Secondary education, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources or Business Administration, with ten (10) years’ of progressively responsible relevant experience in Canada; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of current Canadian Legislation; Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Human Rights, and Workers Compensation Act
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of engaging and influencing at all levels
- Strong project management and execution skills to ensure successful delivery and implementation of projects, processes and policies
- Outstanding organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Alignment with our core values: Curious, Client-Focused, Collaborative, Committed and Accountable
- Experience in the AEC industry would be considered an asset
The successful candidate must be versatile, people-oriented and possess the capability of performing a variety of tasks with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Salary: $80,000-$100,000k based on experience
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development. We are true believers in Lifelong Learning and support staff through mentoring and attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you! We ask qualified candidates to please forward their resume with cover letter in PDF format (no links) to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.